- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, August 2, 2012
10:19 PM | Posted by Chelsey
Q: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?
My answer: Sometimes when I am feeling down I notice that I tend to read less. You would think that it would be the other way around but for me reading is a happy place and I do not want to read when I am sad. It’s almost like I feel that it will suck all the joy out of the pleasure that I get from reading. My need for different genres changes randomly and that really doesn’t depend on any mood. One day I will just wake up and say, “I really want to read some historical fiction today!” It is like food cravings for pregnant women except with books; mine are random and I want them now!!
Sorry it has taken me a little over 24 hours to get this post up! I have just been overwhelmed today and yesterday with all I have to read in August, not that I am complaining. I am happy to announce the winner of another fabulous giveaway!!
- Megan S.
She and I have already corresponded back and forth several times! I love making new friends and finding that I have so much in common with my readers. I hope you enjoy, Megan and thanks to everyone else who followed and participated in this giveaway!
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (183)
- ► 2013 (273)
- Book Review: Second Time Around
- Waiting On Wednesday (14)
- Book Review: Love Finds You In Mackinac Island, Mi...
- Book Review: The Color Of Tea
- Waiting On Wednesday (13)
- ARC Book Review: Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That...
- Book Review: The Waiting Sky
- Book Review: The Chocolate Thief
- Last Days of Freedom Giveaway
- Book Review: Kissing Shakespeare
- Early Book Review: The Demon Catchers of Milan
- Book Review & Interview: The Wild Princess
- Stacking The Shelves (10)
- Book Review: Bedding Lord Ned
- Book Review: Bees In The Butterfly Garden
- Waiting On Wednesday (12)
- Early Book Review: Over You
- Book Review: The Au Pair
- Early Review: Capital Girls
- Book Review: Debutantes
- Follow Me Friday (10) & Giveaway Winner!
- Book Review: Such A Rush
- Waiting On Wednesday (11)
- ▼ August (23)