- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, September 14, 2012
8:20 AM | Posted by Chelsey
Today, on the blog, I am hosting an Interview with Devon Ashley for her new book, Dust. I hope you will help me in welcoming her here. Below is our interview and please be sure to come back by on Wednesday September 19 for my review as well!
Dust will be available wherever books are sold next Tuesday September 18!
Me: What was your favorite thing about writing this book?
Devon Ashley: I'm a lover, so my favorite scenes involved Jack, particularly the banter between the two in the beginning.
Me: What inspired a story so magical?
Devon Ashley: Not quite sure. What I really wanted was to write a prison story because it hadn't really been done that much in YA (if ever). Once I decided on that, I became inspired to make the prisoners pixies being held for slave labor by the faeries, so the magical aspect entwined itself into this story. :)
Me: What was the hardest part about inventing this make believe world?
Devon Ashley: Trying to keep the reader intrigued. The landscape is barren, Rosalie's days are bleak and repetitive, and for half this book, she's stuck in a dark hole, so I had to constantly come up with something that would keep the reader turning the pages. Hopefully I managed to do that!!! (in fact, this was the very reason I gave her a forbidden love interest.)
Me: Describe your main character in three words.
Devon Ashley: Rosalie: Strong, Determined, Fearless.
Me: What are you working on now? Will there be more stories like this one?
Devon Ashley: Yes! Dust is a trilogy so there will be more to Rosalie's story! And I'd LOVE to get to writing those right now, but I have to get Falling Away (Falling #2) and Catacombs (The Immortal Archives #3) more complete before I can even think of working on that.
Me: What is a typical day of writing like for you?
Devon Ashley: LOL...these days I get very little done. The majority of my day is dealing with reading and writing reviews, blogging, book publicity, and oh yeah, a husband and little boy that want my attention when they're around. I try to squeeze in some writing during my son's nap time but I've gotten very little done this summer. I'm currently trying to write Falling Away, the follow-up to Falling In Between, and I've got all these scenes running circles in my head. The writing's been slow, but I think I'm about to hit a major writing spurt this October!
Thank you so much for sharing with us, Devon! I look forward to reading more of Devon’s work and I am excited to have my review go live on the site in a few days!
Oh, and don’t let me forget to mention that there is a giveaway!! Devon is putting some awesome prizes up for grabs! There will be 5 prize packs and they are all pixie-inspired, plus signed books, bookmarks and eBooks. If any of this sounds remotely interesting to you (I know it does to me) then feel free to fill out the rafflecopter form below!
You can also jump on over to the official tour page if you want to see exactly what is up for grabs!
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (183)
- ► 2013 (273)
- Book Review: Fool For Love
- ARC Book Review: Whispers At Moonrise
- Stacking The Shelves (13)
- Follow Me Friday (11)
- Book Review: Primal Possession
- Book Review: The Liar, The Bitch, and The Wardrobe...
- Book Review: Imperfect Bliss
- Book Review: Dust Blog Tour
- Book Review: Incarnation
- Book Review: In The Bag
- Book Review: With Every Letter
- Dust Blog Tour: Author Interview
- Book Review: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century
- Cover Reveal: Reaping Me Softly by Kate Evangelist...
- Book Review & Giveaway: The Sweetness of Forgettin...
- Early Book Review: Burn For Burn
- Book Review: When You Give A Duke A Diamond
- Stacking The Shelves (12)
- Book Review: Life Drawing for Beginners
- Blog Tour Review: The White Forest
- Waiting On Wednesday (15)
- Book Review: The Treachery of Beautiful Things
- Book Review: Brownies & Broomsticks
- Early Review: Beneath The Glitter
- Stacking The Shelves (11)
- ▼ September (25)