- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Publication Date: October 1, 2012
Publisher: Revell Books
Ingrid Larsen, a young Swedish immigrant, arrives in Michigan in 1871 to search for her brother who has disappeared into the woods to work the dangerous lumber camps.
Destitute and barely hanging on to hope, she encounters a newly-widowed farmer who is struggling to raise five children on his own. Marriage would solve both of their problems, and so Ingrid proposes to a man she barely knows. She will fight to protect her new family--but the hardest battle of all will be winning the heart of her new husband.
Readers who loved "The Measure of Katie Calloway "will be pleased to find more of Miller's emotive and descriptive writing here--and to discover that love is more than words.
This cover really caught my attention. First of all, I love cherry blossoms; I believe they are such beautiful flowering trees and yet so simple. The woman on the front cover is just as naturally beautiful; her skin almost looks like porcelain. I love covers that are beautiful because of the simplest touches.
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (183)
- ► 2013 (273)
- AToMR Blog Tour: Reaping Me Softly Book Review
- Book Review: What Happens At Christmas
- Book Review: Bella Fortuna
- Book Review: A Flight of Fancy
- Book Review: Against The Tide
- Book Review: A Promise To Love
- Book Review: A Wedding In Great Neck
- Spooktacular Giveaway
- Book Review: How to Capture a Countess
- Book Review: Romeo Redeemed
- Book Review: Time Between Us
- Follow Me Friday (13)
- Home Run Blog Tour: Stealing Parker
- Blogspiration (2)
- Litfuse Blog Tour Book Review: Queen of the Waves
- Book Review: A Charming Crime
- Stacking The Shelves (14)
- Book Review: Beauty and the Bounty Hunter
- Follow Me Friday (12)
- Book Review: A Dangerous Liaison with Detective Le...
- Book Review: The Twelve Days to Christmas
- Blogspiration (1)
- Book Review: Amber House
- Book Review: Ironskin
- Book Review: Blame It On Texas
- Waiting On Wednesday (16)
- Book Review: At Every Turn
- ▼ October (27)