- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Publication Date: June 4, 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Series: Sea Breeze # 1
Sadie White’s summer job is at the beach, but she won’t be working as a lifeguard. Since her mom is pregnant and refuses to work, Sadie will be taking over as a domestic servant for a wealthy family on a nearby island.
When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie were normal—if she hadn’t spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house—maybe she’d be excited about working for a rock star. But she’s not.
Even though Sadie isn’t impressed by Jax’s fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax, but he fights his attraction: Relationships never work in his world, and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. Yet as the summer stretches on, Jax’s passion leaves him breathless—and Sadie feels like the only source of oxygen.
Can their love overcome the disparity in their lifestyles? One breath at a time, they’re going to find out…
I think this will be the first book by Abbi Glines that I reward less than 4 or 5 cupcakes. I have read other books in this series, I know I read out of order, but this as my first time reading this one. Something about this book just didn’t meet the standards that I have for Abbi Glines. I was not compelled by the characters as much and I was not flipping through the pages so fast that you could see smoke lifting from my fingers. This is the first book in the Sea Breeze series, and it follows the story of Sadie, Jax, and Marcus. (Marcus gets his own story in Because of Low, which I am in love with!) Sadie takes over her mother’s job of cleaning houses on a remote island because her mother is pregnant and can barely move. Sadie does not realize that she is in fact cleaning the home of rock star Jax Stone until he is standing right in front of her. She just wants a summer job, but instead she may get a summer fling!
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (183)
- Book Review: Weather Witch
- Book Review: The She-Hulk Diaries
- Book Review: Beautiful Day
- Book Review: The Queen's Rivals
- Book Review: Over You
- Book Review: The Heist
- Book Review: His Clockwork Canary
- Book Review: Belle Epoque
- Book Review: Ladies' Night
- Book Review: Rebel Spirits
- Book Review: The List Lover's Guide To Jane Austen...
- Book Review: Spies and Prejudice
- Book Review: Skinny Bitch In Love
- Book Review: Tidal
- Book Review: Cinnamon and Gunpowder
- Book Review: Beach Lane
- Book Review: The Yonahlossee Riding Camp For Girls...
- Book Review: The Way Back To Happiness
- Book Review: Death, Taxes, and Hot Pink Leg Warmer...
- Book Review: Breathe
- Book Review: Call Me Zelda
- Book Review: Tides
- Book Review: A Most Peculiar Circumstance
- Book Review: Stroke of Midnight
- Book Review: Bled & Breakfast
- Book Review: The Beautiful and The Cursed
- Book Review: All The Summer Girls
- Book Review: The School For Good and Evil
- ▼ June (28)