- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, June 7, 2013
3:55 PM | Posted by Chelsey
Publication Date: June 4, 2013
Publisher: St. Martin’s Paperbacks
Series: Cinderella Sisterhood # 2
It's Never Too Late
The infamous Laura Falkner has returned to London society in disguise. Determined to clear her father's name, she becomes a companion to elderly Lady Josephine—only to learn the woman's nephew is none other than Alexander Ross, the devilish Earl of Copley, the man Laura once loved with all her heart. The same man who'd accused her father of theft and forced them to flee England.
To Fall Head Over Heels In Love
Alex has never forgotten Laura—or forgiven himself for letting her go. Today, Laura is as lovely—and stubborn—as ever, and her attempts at crime-solving are putting her in danger. The only way Alex can keep her safe is to marry her. But how can this notorious rake convince Laura that his heart is true…before the clock strikes twelve?
Laura’s breath knotted her lungs. The sight of him after all these years struck her like a blow to her mid-section. The cocoa-brown hair, the broad muscled build, the arrogant stance of those long legs – she absorbed it all in one searing glance. His presence set her ablaze with an intensity of emotion that could only be pure vitriol. How she despised the scoundrel!
If indeed Papa had been murdered, she could not allow his death to go unavenged.
When we first meet Laura Faulkner she has changed her name and has tried to change her appearance in hopes that no one recognizes her. Within the first few pages she is on the run with some burly man in hot pursuit behind her, and I knew from that moment that this book would prove to be just as adventurous as the first book in this series, If The Slipper Fits. Laura is a truly inspiring character and knows no boundaries when it comes to clearing her and her father’s good name. Like I said before, this plot line is fast, fun, and sure to keep you on the edge of your seat. Laura is a determined character who definitely has a mind all her own.
The best parts of this book for me were when Alexander Ross, the Earl of Copley came onto the scene. He brought out a side of Laura that I do not believe had surfaced since she and her father fled London. You can tell that Alex thinks he is devilish and irresistible, but Laura quickly puts him in his place. They are a great pair in my opinion, and even though I loved Laura, I felt like this book just would not be the same without Alexander Ross! I also greatly enjoyed Lady Josephine! She was just as much of a comfort and companion to Laura as Laura was for her.
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (183)
- Book Review: Weather Witch
- Book Review: The She-Hulk Diaries
- Book Review: Beautiful Day
- Book Review: The Queen's Rivals
- Book Review: Over You
- Book Review: The Heist
- Book Review: His Clockwork Canary
- Book Review: Belle Epoque
- Book Review: Ladies' Night
- Book Review: Rebel Spirits
- Book Review: The List Lover's Guide To Jane Austen...
- Book Review: Spies and Prejudice
- Book Review: Skinny Bitch In Love
- Book Review: Tidal
- Book Review: Cinnamon and Gunpowder
- Book Review: Beach Lane
- Book Review: The Yonahlossee Riding Camp For Girls...
- Book Review: The Way Back To Happiness
- Book Review: Death, Taxes, and Hot Pink Leg Warmer...
- Book Review: Breathe
- Book Review: Call Me Zelda
- Book Review: Tides
- Book Review: A Most Peculiar Circumstance
- Book Review: Stroke of Midnight
- Book Review: Bled & Breakfast
- Book Review: The Beautiful and The Cursed
- Book Review: All The Summer Girls
- Book Review: The School For Good and Evil
- ▼ June (28)