- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
10:20 AM | Posted by Chelsey
Publication Date: July 2, 2013
Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
Series: Meet Me at the Cupcake Café # 1
Having grown up in an apartment above her Grandpa Joe's little bakery, Issy Randal has always known how to make something sweet. She's much better at baking than she is at filing, so when she's laid off from her desk job, Issy decides to open up her own little cafe. But she soon learns that her piece-of-cake plan will take all her courage and confectionary talent to avert disaster. Funny and sharp, Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe is about how life might not always taste like what you expect, but there's always room for dessert!
The trick was to balance out the flavor so it wasn’t too tart or too sweet, just perfect…She noted down the exact combination of ingredients that would give just a delicate edge in the mouth.
Issy had spent most of her childhood in the bakery, watching Gramps as he manfully beat the dough or delicately shaped the lightest, most mouth-melting filigree cakes and pies.
Issy had spent countless hours doing her homework under the great Cable Street ovens, absorbing through her pores the time and skill and care of a great baker.
Issy Randall has just lost her job at the real estate agency where she works and now she is looking for other types of employment. At a loss for words and what she will do next, Issy thinks back to her time in her grandfather’s bakeries. She remembers the smells, the smiles, the people, and the to-die-for delicacies that he served there. After talking with her grandfather and reflecting on some of his old recipes, she decides to open up her very own cupcake shop. Of course, Issy doesn’t get off the ground as easily as she first hoped to, but isn’t half the fun of the ride the journey that it takes to get there?!
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (183)
- Book Review: Prep School Confidential
- Book Review: The Wednesday Daughters
- Book Review: The House of Tides
- Book Review: Of Beast And Beauty & Interview With ...
- Book Review: Rosemary Cottage
- Book Review: Chose The Wrong Guy, Gave Him The Wro...
- Debut Review: The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
- Book Review: Fifth Grave Past The Light
- Book Review: Replica
- Book Review: Tulle Death Do Us Part
- ARC Book Review: OCD Love Story
- Book Review: Still Star-Crossed
- Book Review: The Lemon Orchard
- Book Review: Dirty Little Secret
- Book Review: Astor Place Vintage
- Book Review: Whistling Past The Graveyard
- Book Review: Rutherford Park
- Book Review: Who Needs Magic?
- Book Review: The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop &...
- Book Review: Forevermore
- Book Review: Life's A Witch
- Book Review: The House of Impossible Loves
- ARC Book Review: Rules For Ghosting
- Book Review: The Book of Secrets
- Book Review: Big Girl Panties
- Book Review: Far Far Away
- Book Review: Small Town Girl
- Book Review: Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe
- Release Day Review: Brooklyn Girls
- Book Review: Stealing The Preacher
- ▼ July (30)