- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, March 1, 2014
8:28 PM | Posted by Chelsey
Publication Date: February 4, 2014
Series: Royal Wedding # 2
Regina Beswick never dreamed of faraway places. She’s happy with her life as a classic car mechanic and owner of a restoration shop.
But an unexpected visitor and the discovery of a fairytale, drawn by her great-grandma, causes Regina to wonder if she might be destined for something more.
Tanner Burkhardt, Minister of Culture for the Grand Duchy of Hessenberg, must convince the strong-willed Southerner, Miss Beswick, that she is his country’s long-lost princess. Failure could destroy his reputation and change his nation forever.
As Regina and Tanner face the challenges before them, neither are prepared for love to invade their hearts and change everything they believe about themselves.
However, when a royal opponent nearly destroys Regina’s future, she must lean into God and trust He has sovereignly brought her to her true and final destiny.
Someone call a doctor because she must have been crazy when she decided to hop on that plane with Tanner and explore the world of a royal princess.
“Regina, you’re not in Tallahassee anymore, working in an old red barn. You’re in Hessenberg as our Princess and future Grand Duchess. Welcome to your life as a royal heir.”
Once you know who you really are, you can’t go back to who you thought you were.
A princess is defined not by her title alone but by how she lives her life.
It seems like 2014 is going to be the year of continuing series of books for me because it feels like the only books I have read this year are seconds in a series. However, this is not a bad thing because they have all been wonderful. Including this gem from Rachel Hauck, whom I must meet as soon as possible because she is one of the best storytellers ever! (As I say that is a complete valley girl style!) I started this series last year because I have never read a book published by Zondervan that I have not enjoyed and this new series looked and sounded wonderful. After having now finished the second book in this series, I can say with confidence that this series, and both of these books, will grab you from the very first words and will not let you go until the very end, and even then you will long for the characters again!
Regina Beswick has quite the interesting life and she is not what I was expecting as our next heroine. She doesn’t quite fit the mold for princess material. However, she quickly won my heart. The plot reminded me a little of The Princess Diaries in the fact that Regina was completely shocked by the information of her royal background. What makes this book even more thrilling is that Regina thinks she finally has her life figured out and has started to find the answers she has been looking for when she realizes that her life is about to become a very fast, high-strung rollercoaster ride. I love when characters are thrown out of their element and into an adventurous new world.
This book has a little bit of everything: fun, loveable characters, a bigger message behind it all, a little bit of love, and a whole lot of having faith! This story allowed me to have a taste of what could seemingly be a realistic fairy tale. Most girls dreamed of either marrying a prince or somehow becoming a princess. Through this book I was able to step in Regina’s shoes and imagine what it would be like for someone to show up at my door and tell me I am the heir to a throne and crown! Not to mention if that someone were half as sweet and honorable as Tanner Burkhardt. He was just as interesting of a character as Regina, and made Regina’s story all the better.
I cannot wait to find out more about the next book in this series! I hope that news is released soon because I do not know how much longer I can wait.
***A free copy of this book was provided to me by the publishers at Zondervan in exchange for my honest review***
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- Book Review: The All You Can Dream Buffet
- Book Review: Sing For Me
- Book Review: Vintage
- Book Review: Fallen Too Far
- Book Review: Summer of Joy
- Book Review & Blog Tour: Pack Up The Moon
- Book Review: The Nightmare Dilemma
- Book Review: Loving Lord Ash
- Book Review: What A Woman Wants
- Book Review: The Winner's Curse
- Book Review: A Simple Hope
- Book Review: The Trouble With Honor
- Book Review: That Touch of Magic
- Book Review: Four Weddings and a Fireman
- Book Review: Where Courage Calls
- Release Day Review: Kissing In Italian
- Blog Tour & Book Review: Take A Chance
- Book Review: Grim
- Blog Tour & Book Review: Some Like It Wild
- Book Review: Night Owls
- Release Day Review: Wicked Little Secrets
- Book Review: Princess Ever After
- ▼ March (22)
- ► 2013 (273)