- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, June 8, 2014
10:03 PM | Posted by Chelsey
Publication Date: June 3, 2o14
Series: Texas Gold # 1
Texas socialite Claire Massey is living the dream. Her world is filled with designer clothes, luxury cars, and stunning homes. But her Neiman-Marcus lifestyle comes crashing down when her charming cattle broker husband is arrested for fraud. Suddenly, she finds herself facing attorneys, a media frenzy, and a trail of broken hearts. Betrayed and humiliated, Claire must start over against incredible odds to save her family–and discover a life worth living.
Poignant and emotionally gripping, A Woman of Fortune reveals the many ways we deceive ourselves and how resilience of the heart is essential to authentic living. Drawing on her experiences as a legal investigator, author Kellie Coates Gilbert delivers emotionally gripping plots and authentic characters. Readers will love Claire’s unbending determination as she strives to keep her family from falling apart and learns to embrace the kind of fortune that lasts.
Until today, Claire Massey had never been inside the walls of a federal prison.
Her family’s world had forever changed.
Dreams in the middle of the night were never more vivid than in the hours following real dreams left shattered.
Claire Massey has a life that is best served on a silver spoon. She was born into a wealthy family and has the best of everything. She is used to designer clothes, shoes, fast cars, and lavish houses. However, Claire is about to learn that money cannot buy happiness and it is not the key to life. Claire learns, in a disheartening manner, that her husband is not the man that he always claimed to be. When her husband is facing prison time, Claire must be the strength and glue that holds her family together. The golden life that she once knew has quickly tarnished and is fading away. Will she be able to rebuild herself and her family from the tiny pieces that are left behind?
I have only heard of the heroines that Kellie writes, but have never had the pleasure of reading about one until now. Claire does live up to everything I have heard about Kellie’s characters. She is an incredibly strong woman, who is able to dig deep and find the faith and hope to continue when life has crashed in all around her. Claire is a very realistic character and reacts to crisis and trials much the way that you and I would. Claire does not feel like a fictional character; she feels like a person that you have known for most of your life. I can see why Kellie’s writing and characters are highly valued.
This story focuses on the crime and greed that is very real and happens every day all around us. Claire’s story focuses on real struggles and trials that many people have faced. This story is emotional and will pull at your heartstrings. It is complex and I will not promise warm, heartfelt emotions, but I will promise that this story is inspirational and a great read!
***A free copy of this book was provided to me by the publishers at Revell in exchange for my honest review***
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- Book Review: Better Homes and Hauntings
- Book Review: Top Secret Twenty-One
- Book Review: Tempest in a Teapot
- Book Review: The Beautiful American
- Book Review: Save The Date
- Book Review: What A Woman Needs
- Book Review: Engaged In Murder
- Book Review: Pride, Prejudice, and Cheese Grits
- Book Review: Hexed
- ARC Review: 17 First Kisses
- Book Review: The Glass Kitchen
- Book Review: Sixth Grave On The Edge
- ARC Review: Born of Deception
- Book Review: A Woman of Fortune
- Book Review: Since You've Been Gone
- Book Review: All Lined Up
- Book Review: To Charm A Naughty Countess
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2013 (273)