Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (1)




This is my very first WoW! Waiting on Wednesdays is a weekly book meme that lets readers just like you guys know what to be expecting and waiting anxiously for. It is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. Want to participate? Grab the logo on her page, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link on her blog!
I am going to talk a little bit about a book that comes out not too far from now…next week!! I know, I know the suspense must be killing me.
This week’s pick is…..
Masque of the Red Death


Author: Bethany Griffin
Release Date: April 24, 2012
Synopsis:
Everything is in ruins. A devastating plague has decimated the population. And those who are left live in fear of catching it as the city crumbles to pieces around them. So what does Araby Worth have to live for? Nights in the Debauchery Club, beautiful dresses, glittery make-up . . . and tantalizing ways to forget it all. But in the depths of the club—in the depths of her own despair—Araby will find more than oblivion. She will find Will, the terribly handsome proprietor of the club. And Elliott, the wickedly smart aristocrat. Neither boy is what he seems. Both have secrets. Everyone does. And Araby may find something not just to live for, but to fight for—no matter what it costs her.



Why I’m Waiting!
Have you just looked at that cover? It is so bold and sets the stage for a gothic feel within its pages. I have been waiting for this book since about December and I am so excited to dive right into it as soon as I can get my hands on it. I love gothic heroines! I mean who doesn’t? They are sassy, dark, mysterious, and always carry a little bit of edge about them. Happy Wednesday guys!! Let me know what you think about my pick this week.




10 comments:

  1. This one looks really good. And I've been hearing good reviews about it too! You have a cute blog. Is it new? I only see two posts in the archive. Well, if you are new Welcome to the book blogging community :)

    Jessica @ Books: A true story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am I am new! I just started yesterday, but I am so excited. Thank you so much. Any advice you can give me would be great!

      Delete
    2. Check out Top Ten Tuesdays (hosted by the Broke and the Bookish). Yesterday's was all about tips for new bloggers! Good luck!

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for your help :) I am so excited to be getting started!!

      Delete
  2. This one looks really good! My friend read it and her review made me want ot read it so bad!!!

    Also... not sure if you're new to book blogging in general or the blog is just new, but check out 24hourreadathon.com. the next readathon is this weekend and it is one of my favorite book blogger events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting on this book for so long! It looks SO good and I can't wait for it to come out soon! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, I started following you!! I love your blog :) We need to chat!

      Delete
  4. So curious about this one, as well! I don't love the cover as the rest of the world apparently does, though. :'D

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I'm pretty excited for this one as well!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to everyone who commented on my first WoW! I really appreciate the support!! Don't be a stranger here :)

    ReplyDelete