Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (5)



Waiting on Wednesdays is a weekly book meme that lets readers just like you guys know what to be expecting and waiting anxiously for. It is hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine. Want to participate? Grab the logo on her page, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link on her blog!





Author: Roxanne St. Clair
Publication Date: July 10, 2012
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers

When plain and unpopular Annie Nutter gets zapped by one of her dad's whacked-out inventions, she lands in a parallel universe where her life becomes picture-perfect. Now she's Ayla Monroe, daughter of the same mother but a different father—and she's the gorgeous, rich queen bee of her high school.

In this universe, Ayla lives in glitzy Miami instead of dreary Pittsburgh and has beaucoup bucks, courtesy of her billionaire—if usually absent—father. Her friends hit the clubs, party backstage at concerts, and take risks that are exhilirating . . . and illegal. Here she's got a date to lose her V-card with the hottest guy she's ever seen.

But on the inside, Ayla is still Annie.

So when she's offered the chance to leave the dream life and head home to Pittsburgh, will she take it?

The choice isn't as simple as you think.



I am going to be completely honest in saying that the first thing that drew me closer to this book was the huge pink sunglasses!! I immediately wanted to read more. I also love books where the main character gets to experience an alternate side of who they are who could have been in another life. I think this book will be an easy, light summer read! And I am looking for lots of those this summer!


13 comments:

  1. Great choice! Loads of light summer reads to look forward to, but the heart-shaped glasses really does make the book stand out :D

    Here's my WoW! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like it will be a wonderful book to read.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2024

    ReplyDelete
  3. PINK I was immediately attracted by the sunglasses as well! Sounds like a light and flashy read, hope you'll enjoy it this summer! :)

    Thanks for sharing, have a happy Wednesday!

    Drop by my blog @ bookaworld.wordpress.com for my WoW too!

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a fun read. I'm always drawn to books by their covers too.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover too. Nice glasses. Plus its a cute read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of that one but it sounds interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember seeing this one a while back, and I thought I put it on my TBR but I didn't, so thanks for putting it back on my radar! Great pick, and thanks so much for stopping by my blog yesterday and following! I'm following you now, too! ;)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you - the premise of Don't You Wish definitely sounds interesting! It's on my list as well :)

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this before but it sounds fun! And I also love the cover! New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh sounds interesting! I think I'll be waiting on this one too :P lol.

    - Kim
    (http://xokimreads.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not 100% sold on this novel - I think I am going to have to read a few reviews before I try it myself! Thanks for sharing :)

    New Follower!
    Claire Reads WoW

    ReplyDelete