- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, September 29, 2012
6:54 PM | Posted by Chelsey
Author: C.C. Hunter
Publication Date: October 2, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
Series: Shadow Falls # 4
Even at a camp for supernatural teens, Kylie Galen has never been normal. Not only can she see ghosts, but she doesn’t seem to belong to any one species—she exhibits traits from them all. As Kylie struggles to unlock the secrets of her identity, she begins to worry that Lucas will never be able to accept her for what she is, and what she isn’t…a werewolf. With his pack standing in their way, Kylie finds herself turning more and more to Derek, the only person in her life who’s willing to accept the impossible.
As if life isn’t hard enough, she starts getting visits from the ghost of Holiday, her closest confidante. Trouble is, Holiday isn’t dead…not yet anyway. Now Kylie must race to save one of her own from an unseen danger before it’s too late—all while trying to stop her relationship with Lucas from slipping away forever. In a world of constant confusion, there’s only one thing Kylie knows for sure. Change is inevitable and all things must come to an end…maybe even her time at Shadow Falls.
The breathtaking fourth installment of the New York Times bestselling Shadow Falls series from author C. C. Hunter...Whispers at Moonrise.
I have not read any of the other books in this series, but this book was sent to me for review and I was shocked! I know that the series is a big deal and many people love it, and after reading the book I can now see why! I feel like I need to start from the beginning and even though I have read the fourth book it does not take away from making me want to read the rest of them. I love the whole entire plot of the series and am intrigued and ready for more!
I can feel the suspense rising off the page when I am reading books like this one. I feel like this series would be the perfect one to be made into a movie. The world that I was transported to with Kylie was fabulous and even though I have not read the first 3 books in the series I did not feel like I was extremely lost. The language and fluidity of the novel kept me focused and enraptured the entire time that I was reading it. C.C. Hunter is great at hooking readers from the first sentence or paragraph of each chapter. There were no parts that I wanted to skip because of boredom either!
I got the fact that a huge question was answered for Kylie and that she had possibly sought the answer to this particular question throughout the other 3 books. I actually felt a relief for Kylie myself. I was right alongside Kylie every step of the way. C.C. does a great job of taking readers on an emotional rollercoaster; that’s just how powerful her words are. Her characters are powerful too, especially Kylie. I was cheering for Kylie and praying for her at times as well.
The ending of this book was what caught me the most off guard. I was just not prepared for it and was left totally speechless after having completed it. I definitely wish that I could have read the first 3 installments of this series first, but I am really not complaining and that is something that I plan to catch up on soon, even though I may not review them on here. If C.C. packs this much punch in all her other novels then I know that I am missing out on a whole circus full of entertainment!!
***A copy of this book was provided to me by the publishers at St. Martin’s Griffin in exchange for my unbiased review***
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (183)
- ► 2013 (273)
- Book Review: Fool For Love
- ARC Book Review: Whispers At Moonrise
- Stacking The Shelves (13)
- Follow Me Friday (11)
- Book Review: Primal Possession
- Book Review: The Liar, The Bitch, and The Wardrobe...
- Book Review: Imperfect Bliss
- Book Review: Dust Blog Tour
- Book Review: Incarnation
- Book Review: In The Bag
- Book Review: With Every Letter
- Dust Blog Tour: Author Interview
- Book Review: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century
- Cover Reveal: Reaping Me Softly by Kate Evangelist...
- Book Review & Giveaway: The Sweetness of Forgettin...
- Early Book Review: Burn For Burn
- Book Review: When You Give A Duke A Diamond
- Stacking The Shelves (12)
- Book Review: Life Drawing for Beginners
- Blog Tour Review: The White Forest
- Waiting On Wednesday (15)
- Book Review: The Treachery of Beautiful Things
- Book Review: Brownies & Broomsticks
- Early Review: Beneath The Glitter
- Stacking The Shelves (11)
- ▼ September (25)