Thursday, September 27, 2012

Book Review: Primal Possession


Author: Katie Reus
Publication Date: September 4, 2012
Publisher: Signet Eclipse
Series: Moon Shifter # 2

To protect her, he will unleash the beast within…

As his pack’s second-in-command, lupine shifter Liam Armstrong gives orders and takes what he wants—until he meets red-headed, blue-eyed December McIntyre. Liam knows the human beauty is his intended mate the moment he sees her, but December is far too strong-willed to accept his protection.

December, whose brother is the town sheriff, has every reason to mistrust shifters after one killed her youngest sibling. But the forceful and handsome Liam has gotten under her skin in a way she hadn’t thought possible, and the desire she feels for him is almost too much to bear.

When a radical hate group targets all humans known to sympathize with paranormal beings, December is attacked in her bookstore. Reluctantly, she turns to the only one who can help her: Liam. And he is going to take her to places within herself she never knew existed.



Paranormal Romance has been a new genre for me, but I am hoping to open up to as many new genres as possible. Books like this one by Katie Reus are helping me transition in the genre that much easier. I was fascinated by this series and decided that I would like to feature it on my blog. I love the cover and I got the instant idea that we were dealing with werewolves! I love the redhead on the cover as well. If you are an avid reader of mine you know my policy on reds: I don’t look good as one but I love book covers that feature them!

 
Liam and December have given me the most intoxicating and sexy romance to read! They are perfect for one another. I loved reading each character and I loved how December tried her hardest to deny Liam. She is so in love with him from the start that it would be visible to an infant, but I have to give the girl some mad props because she fights it, oh man does she fight it? I loved December and I loved the way that she carries herself. I think December gave me a confidence boost while reading!
 
This book has some amazing action scenes and takes some pretty crazy twists and turns. The further that December gets herself in Liam’s world, the more action and crazy rides we take. Of course from the start I wanted her to jump in head over heels for Liam, and I was getting so frustrated with her at times. Liam has a rough exterior, duh he is supernatural, but he is so gentle and caring. I myself happen to be falling in love with him just after watching and reading how protective he is over December. Liam gives the story and the plot the kick that it needs!
 
It usually takes me awhile to get into the paranormal side of a book, but this one grabbed me by the hand pulled me right in. I was able to understand who was who and who was after whom. It was all relatively simple and as a reader I can really appreciate that. I was so intrigued with this fantasy world and the idea of shifters and what they do. Sometimes I find myself really wanting to crawl inside author’s head like Katie Reus and find out what God gave them that allows them to come up with all of this. The fantastical element really sent this book thru the roof for me.
 
Another small detail that I really loved about this book was the fact the Liam called December “Red.” How freaking cute is that? Here is an example of that which can be found on page 211, “December was still unsure about a lot of things where she and Liam were concerned, but there was something about his entire body that just softened when he called her Red.” I was just so caught up in the romance sometimes that I forget to pay attention to the action that was taking place and that is awesome because usually the romance bores me to death.
 
I am happy to have become acquainted with Katie Reus and to be able to read and review Primal Possession. I am so excited for Mating Instinct, which is the third installment in this series and is due to be released in March 2013. Check it out you guys! Don’t be afraid to try something new!
 
***A huge thanks to the publishers for my very own copy of this book which I received in exchange for my unbiased review***



No comments:

Post a Comment