About Me

My photo
My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com

Follow by Email

Blogs I Follow!

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, September 28, 2012

Follow Me Friday (11)


 

Q: What is the BIGGEST word you've seen used in a book lately - that made you stop and look it up? Might as well leave the definition & book too.


My answer: I really cannot think of the BIGGEST word that I have run across lately, but I know that when I do I always stop and look them up. What is great about my Nook is that I can just highlight the word and it will give me the definition. It is one of my firm beliefs that if you come across a word that you do not know the meaning of, then you should definitely look it up. I know that if I am really into a book that I will not stop right then and do it, but I will mark the page and come back to it later. I am really anxious to see what other people’s answers are to this question!





Have a wonderful day my little Charmings!!








9 comments:

Jenn Renee said...

I havent been able to find that many words listed in posts yet. I think the kindle and nook have made bunches of us happy with the dictionary feature. Old FOllower. My FF http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/09/follow-friday-34-and-weekly-wrap-up.html

Christina said...

Yes, this was a tough question. Plus, I read mostly YA so big words are not as much of a problem :-)

Old follower.

Christina @ Ensconced in YA
My FF

Jessica@a GREAT read said...

I don't usually stop and look a word up. Haven't had a word that's given me reason to. Sometimes I can infer the meaning by how its used and the surrounding sentences and the situation.

If all else fails I do stop and pull out good ol Webster!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Moonlit Librarian said...

Books and tea? I like that. I'd go for chai.
Following you back. :)

Jenny said...

I agree! Knowing a word makes a lot of difference, even if you can already tell what it generally means just by reading the passage.

New follower hopping by!
My ff:
http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow-5.html

Emma said...

I totally agree.... I tend to look up words when I do essays and in English (obviously, lol) But when I'm into a book, I will not stop to look in any dictionary lol!

Thank you for stopping by blog!

Emma @ Never Judge a Book by its Covers

Louise said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you back now :)

Rebekah Campbell said...

I know what you mean about stopping in the middle of a book, so difficult to do!
Following back through GFC :D

Nickie said...

The ones that usually stump me are words from a different language/mythology, or slang words. I love my Kindle for the same reason you love your Nook -- I don't have to drag out the dictionary every time I have a questions about a word!

New follower here-- my blog is nickieanderson.blogspot.com

Followers

Follow Me!

Blog Archive