- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, October 15, 2012
5:30 PM | Posted by Chelsey
Author: Tonya Kappes
Publication Date: June 3, 2012
Series: Magical Cures Mystery # 1
June Heal has nothing to lose when she relocates her homeopathic cure shop, A Dose of Darla, from the flea market booth in her home town, to a quaint shop in the cozy but unusual little town of Whispering Falls, Kentucky. Or so it seems.
Cures and trouble...
Whispering Falls has a lot of secrets. From talking snow globes to whispering animals not to mention a few sprinkles of fairy dust, June realizes Whispering Falls is more magical than she thought. . .literally.
June discovers she was born into a family of psychics, and her homeopathic cures truly are magical. Unfortunately, they are not magical enough to save her from being the number one murder suspect when a member of the community that she had just had a disagreement with shows up face down in the lake with June’s lucky charm in the victim’s grasp.
And troubles double...
Add to that an attraction to her high school best friend, Sheriff Oscar Park and Mr. Prince Charming, her cat, is stealing charms from Belle’s Baubles, June is forced to clear her name in more ways than murder. After all, they don’t have cauldrons in jail
I am trying to absorb all things Halloween right now! I loved the look of this book and how about a good paranormal mystery to put me in the mood for the bewitching season? Plus the title has “Charming” in it, who can go wrong there? I love the cat on the cover too! I must have a thing for books with cats and cupcakes because it sure looks like I am reading a lot of them here lately!
This was a charming and fast read for me. Tonya has quite the knack for placing readers right in and amongst the lives of her characters and I fell instantly in love with June Heal and Whispering Falls. June’s story was quirky and weird but that is part of what made it so much fun. I was constantly laughing at the situations that June seemed to land herself in.
Whispering Falls was the perfect back drop for this book and for a great Halloween read. It was spooky and eerie and totally supernatural. I am talking cats that whisper, crystal balls that made snide remarks, and the people who make Whispering Falls who are equally as creepy! I want more of their stories and I want to know what happens next for all of them! I loved Mr. Prince Charming which is June’s cat and I have always loved the idea of familiars for newborn witches!
The murder mystery was awesome as well and definitely kept me on my toes! I never got bored and was always on the edge of my seat. My only complaint is that there were some grammatical errors and sometimes the action went too fast for me. I would have liked for it to slow down and allow me to access the scene better. However, these minor discrepancies will not keep me away from Whispering Falls. I loved to investigate right alongside June and her crew!
I am definitely excited for the next book in the series! A BIG thank you to Tonya for my own e-copy of this book, in exchange for my honest review!
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (183)
- ► 2013 (273)
- AToMR Blog Tour: Reaping Me Softly Book Review
- Book Review: What Happens At Christmas
- Book Review: Bella Fortuna
- Book Review: A Flight of Fancy
- Book Review: Against The Tide
- Book Review: A Promise To Love
- Book Review: A Wedding In Great Neck
- Spooktacular Giveaway
- Book Review: How to Capture a Countess
- Book Review: Romeo Redeemed
- Book Review: Time Between Us
- Follow Me Friday (13)
- Home Run Blog Tour: Stealing Parker
- Blogspiration (2)
- Litfuse Blog Tour Book Review: Queen of the Waves
- Book Review: A Charming Crime
- Stacking The Shelves (14)
- Book Review: Beauty and the Bounty Hunter
- Follow Me Friday (12)
- Book Review: A Dangerous Liaison with Detective Le...
- Book Review: The Twelve Days to Christmas
- Blogspiration (1)
- Book Review: Amber House
- Book Review: Ironskin
- Book Review: Blame It On Texas
- Waiting On Wednesday (16)
- Book Review: At Every Turn
- ▼ October (27)