- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Author: Tina Connolly
Publication Date: October 2, 2012
Publisher: Tor Books
Series: Ironskin # 1
It’s the only way to contain the fey curse that scars her cheek. The Great War is five years gone, but its scattered victims remain—the ironskin.
When a carefully worded listing appears for a governess to assist with a "delicate situation"—a child born during the Great War—Jane is certain the child is fey-cursed, and that she can help.
Teaching the unruly Dorie to suppress her curse is hard enough; she certainly didn’t expect to fall for the girl’s father, the enigmatic artist Edward Rochart. But her blossoming crush is stifled by her own scars, and by his parade of women. Ugly women, who enter his closed studio...and come out as beautiful as the fey.
Jane knows Rochart cannot love her, just as she knows that she must wear iron for the rest of her life. But what if neither of these things is true? Step by step Jane unlocks the secrets of her new life—and discovers just how far she will go to become whole again.
Isn’t this cover beautiful? It reminds me of something dark and dangerous and she just looks so fierce with that iron mask over her face. I love the mist that is drifting over the front cover and the way that it blends in with the color of her gown. The title, Ironskin, first made me think that she was part inhuman and I guess I am halfway correct. I still find it hard to explain what this story is about or what they fey are. They are so mystical and mysterious. I am just so in love with this gothic and at the same time enchanting cover on this book!
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (183)
- ► 2013 (273)
- AToMR Blog Tour: Reaping Me Softly Book Review
- Book Review: What Happens At Christmas
- Book Review: Bella Fortuna
- Book Review: A Flight of Fancy
- Book Review: Against The Tide
- Book Review: A Promise To Love
- Book Review: A Wedding In Great Neck
- Spooktacular Giveaway
- Book Review: How to Capture a Countess
- Book Review: Romeo Redeemed
- Book Review: Time Between Us
- Follow Me Friday (13)
- Home Run Blog Tour: Stealing Parker
- Blogspiration (2)
- Litfuse Blog Tour Book Review: Queen of the Waves
- Book Review: A Charming Crime
- Stacking The Shelves (14)
- Book Review: Beauty and the Bounty Hunter
- Follow Me Friday (12)
- Book Review: A Dangerous Liaison with Detective Le...
- Book Review: The Twelve Days to Christmas
- Blogspiration (1)
- Book Review: Amber House
- Book Review: Ironskin
- Book Review: Blame It On Texas
- Waiting On Wednesday (16)
- Book Review: At Every Turn
- ▼ October (27)