- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Publication Date: December 2012
Series: Scarlet Woods # 1
Modern and independent seventeen year old Morgan Westbrook thought she had seen all there was to her home town of Scarlet, Georgia, but one day while walking in the woods behind her house she discovers a mysterious door masked behind the trees. After admiring the door’s timeless beauty she walks through Past, future, and love all exist in the door through time.
Modern and independent seventeen year old Morgan Westbrook thought she had seen all there was to her home town of Scarlet, Georgia, but one day while walking in the woods behind her house she discovers a mysterious door masked behind the trees. After admiring the door’s timeless beauty she walks through its entrance to venture into more woods, but what she doesn’t know is that the door is a gateway through time that takes her back to the year 1863 during the days of the Civil War in Scarlet.
Without knowing that she had traveled back in time, she stumbles upon Danny Carson, an attractive young man who is appalled to see that Morgan is wearing skimpy modern clothes instead of a nineteenth century dress. Although they find each other completely different than anyone they’ve ever known, they cannot help but feel drawn to one another. After spending time in another century, she discovers that she's time traveled back to the year 1863 and that the door took her there. For months she and Danny journey back and forth through the door to experience the joys of traveling to both of their centuries. When dilemmas of unwanted marriage, slavery, and war are thrown at them, they must face the perils that time travel has delivered them in both the future and the past.
“People in Scarlet didn’t dare enter the woods late in the evening. They feared the idea of foul killers or fictional monsters haunting the trees at night. But when it came to the woods Danny was fearless. He’d visit at any time of day to get away from things just for a little while. He found the depths of the trees, the forever running creek, and the prowling Spanish moss to be an escape from his regular routine. Plus, he being the practically the only visitor at any time of day, gave him the full run of the place. The woods were his.”
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (183)
- ► 2013 (273)
- Book Review: Crossing On The Paris
- Follow Me Friday (15)
- Book Review: Secrets & Lies
- Blogspiration (5)
- Interview & Giveaway: Miss Fortune Cookie
- Waiting On Wednesday (19)
- Book Review: When I Fall In Love
- Book Review: Miss Dreamsville and The Collier Coun...
- Book Review: Alice In Zombieland
- Book Review: Meet Me Under The Mistletoe
- Book Review: Miss Fortune Cookie
- Book Review: With Love At Christmas
- Book Review: A Royal Pain
- Stacking The Shelves (16)
- Book Review: An Heiress At Heart
- Book Review: No Safe Harbor
- Blog Tour Book Review: The Twisted Tragedy of Miss...
- Blogspiration (4)
- Book Review: His Mistletoe Bride
- Waiting On Wednesday (18)
- Book Review: The Ruins of Lace
- Book Review: Wolfishly Yours
- Book Review: Threads of Faith
- Book Review: Scarlet Woods
- Book Review: The Confidant
- Follow Me Friday (14)
- Book Review: Princess Elizabeth's Spy
- Waiting On Wednesday (17)
- Book Review: The Trouble With Cowboys
- Stacking The Shelves (15)
- Book Review: Christmas On Mimosa Lane
- Book Review: The Mermaid Collector
- Book Review: From Notting Hill With Love...Actuall...
- Book Review: Better Than Chocolate
- Giveaway Winner & Blogspiration (3)
- ▼ November (35)