- My name is Chelsey and I am the creator of Charming Chelsey's! I read and review anything and everything that I find to be "charming." I accept ARCs or already released books for review, and I'm also available to participate in any blog tours or book reveals too. If anything, please don't hesitate to email me any time for any reason at: charmingchelseys(at)gmail(dot)com
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, May 1, 2014
4:45 PM | Posted by Chelsey
Publication Date: April 8, 2014
Series: Girl Meets Ghost # 3
Kendall takes drastic action when she encounters ghostly overwhelm in this third book in a tween series that Kirkus Reviews calls “bright, bubbly fun.”
Kendall feels like she’s losing at life. The only people who will talk to her are ghosts, and she’s exhausted from trying to fix their problems. Meanwhile, Brandon thinks she’s a liar, her best friend thinks she’s sneaking around with another boy, and her dad is getting serious with a new girlfriend. Kendall can’t cope with anything else!
Desperate for answers, she decides to visit the one person who might have them—the one person she never wanted to see again. Will her mom be able to help, or will Kendall be stuck without a wisp of hope?
“Because,” my mom says, looking surprised, “I can see ghosts too.”
“I mean that she knows that Brandon will never be the first priority in your life. So she doesn’t want the two of you together.”
“Because she knows that the ghosts will always come first.”
I have finished a series this year! From the very first book in this series, I have fallen in love with Kendall, Lauren’s lead character, and the rest of her gang, ghosts included. Kendall has really gotten herself in a huge pickle in this book. Her boyfriend thinks she is a liar, her best friend is struggling to trust her, and her father is getting more and more serious with his girlfriend. Kendall doesn’t know how to feel about any of this. Kendall is tired of keeping secrets from the people she loves, and she is tired of feeling alone in her own little world.
This book is filled with all the right things: drama, friendship, young love, and yes, some pretty awesome ghostly talks! Kendall’s amazing ability to communicate with the dead has really kept me entertained as I followed this series. Not only this, but I am glad to have witnessed Kendall grow throughout the series. I think that is the best feeling in the world, when you have finished a series and you can look back and see the progression of the main character. I was always Team Kendall in these books, even when it seemed that everyone else was against her!
If you have need a quick, easy escape from reality this would be an awesome series to pick up. This would also be a great series to give to a young reader who has just recently become interested in books!
***A free copy of this book was provided to me by the publishers at Aladdin in exchange for my honest review***
- ► 2016 (41)
- ► 2015 (106)
- Book Review: Skinny Bitch Gets Hitched
- Book Review: Biggest Flirts
- Book Review: Murder Gone A-Rye
- Debut Review: A Girl Called Fearless
- Book Review: Booty Bones
- Book Review: Deep Blue
- Book Review: We Were Liars
- Book Review: Blue Notes
- Book Review: Murder in Murray Hill
- Book Review: One More Last Chance
- Book Review: Catching Air
- Book Review: Make You Mine
- Book Review: Cure for the Common Breakup
- Book Review: The Goodbye Witch
- Release Day Review: Fair Play
- Book Review: Bad Hair Day
- Debut Review: A Creature of Moonlight
- Book Review: Ghost of a Chance
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2013 (273)